Student Centers and Activities welcomes all new and returning commuter students to Rutgers University-New Brunswick. We offer commuter students educational, social, developmental, and informative programs to help students feel connected to campus, discover involvement opportunities, and learn about campus programs.
Whether you are attending Rutgers full- or part-time, in evening or day classes, you are encouraged to stop by the Student Activities Center (613 George Street, College Ave. Campus) to find out more information about commuter services available to you.
Our goals are to:
- Ensure that the needs of commuter students are acknowledged and addressed.
- Facilitate the integration of commuter students into university life and student activities.
- Sponsor various events for commuter students throughout the academic year.
- Identify and encourage the academic achievement and leadership development of commuter students.
- Send out a monthly listserv to commuter students via email. This listserv includes upcoming events, special notices, updates and opportunities for commuter students.
We encourage students to get involved in the Rutgers Commuter Student Association (RCSA), a volunteer student organization, directly advised by Student Centers and Activities, whose primary interest is to advocate and fulfill the needs and interests of commuting students while building a community on campus.
For more information on commuter resources and programs, contact the Student Involvement and Leadership team at email@example.com.
Students may also want to connect with Off-Campus Living and Community Partnerships. Learn more here: ruoffcampus.rutgers.edu.