7th Annual Involvement and Leadership Week
Friday, January 26 – Friday, February 2, 2024
Involvement and Leadership Week is the perfect time to think about ways you can be more engaged on campus. Whether you would like to join a student organization, become a Student Center manager, or develop as a campus leader, Involvement and Leadership Week is the best time to learn how you can get involved and make a difference.
With great excitement, we invite you to join the Division of Student Affairs’ annual Involvement and Leadership Week 2024! During the week of Friday, January 26 through Friday, February 2, Student Centers and Activities will be celebrating and highlighting the contributions of our student leaders and more than 500 student organizations.
Our community is composed of students from all walks of life, with gifts, and achievements, but what is magnificent is when together they explore their interests, talents, and passions in efforts to impact change, grow, develop, and support one another.
Being involved at the university has many benefits including professional development, leadership experience, and the opportunity to build one’s character and social/professional network. Student Centers and Activities has teamed up with various organizations and partners to plan a week of excitement aimed at celebrating our student leaders and student organizations.
2024 Involvement and Leadership Calendar
Student Org Essentials: Treasurer Refreshers
Friday, January 26 || 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm || Student Activities Center (SAC)
Call all new treasurers of student organizations! Come join the Director of the Student Activities Business Office (SABO) to review all financial policies and procedures. A returning treasurer? Feel free to join as well for a refresher and ask any questions you may have for this semester!
Late Knight: ThinkFast!
Friday, January 26 || 9:00 pm-12:00 am || College Ave Student Center Multipurpose Room
Gather a team of 4 to compete or come meet new friends and join an existing team! Trivia will start at 9:30 pm and include a $200 cash prize plus opportunities to win Rutgers Swag. Tonight’s food bar will be appetizers. As always, Late Knight is free!
*This event is open to all students.
Student Leader Celebration
Tuesday, January 30 || 7:30 pm - 10:00 pm || College Ave Student Center Multipurpose Room
Join us for our Student Leader Celebration; it is an opportunity to engage with other leaders within the community and celebrate all the work you do as Student Organization Leaders!
*Must RSVP (Limited Spaces)
Involvement Cereal Bar: Fill Your Bowl with Involvement
Wednesday, January 31 || 6:00 pm - 8:00 || Student Activities Center (SAC)
Looking for ways to get involved on campus? Come join us at the SAC to learn about and fill your bowl with involvement!
SunnySide Start-Up with Rutgers Commuter Student Association (RCSA)
Thursday, February 1 || 11:30 am - 1:30 pm || Douglass Student Center, Trayes Hall
Enjoy a free brunch while chatting with department administrators and other commuter students. Learn about the services Rutgers has to offer.
“Meet Your RUSA Reps” – RUSA Networking Event
Thursday, February 1 || Student Activities Center (SAC) || 7:00pm-8:30pm
Join Rutgers University Student Assembly (RUSA) for an evening of networking and fun! Meet with the members of RUSA, and learn how to get involved in Student Government.
*This event is open to all students
Student Org Essentials Workshop
Friday, February 2 || 12:00 pm - 1:00 || Student Activities Center (SAC)
Calling all Student Organization Leaders! Come join the Student Involvement and Leadership team for a workshop to further develop and explore your leadership skills!
Sparkle and Shine Outreach—RUAB Community Service
Friday, February 2 || Student Activities Center (SAC) || 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Come join Rutgers University Alternative Breaks (RUAB) for some Community Service! They will be making hygiene kits for some local homeless shelters; Coming Home of Middlesex County, Sanford Bates House, and Catholic Charities Ozonam Inn.
Other ways to enjoy Involvement and Leadership Week:
- Tickets for the 12th Annual Mark Conference go on sale on January 26! Join us on Saturday, February 24 for this amazing experience! Tickets and information
- Get connected with the Engagement Hub! Have a 1-on-1 meeting with an Engagement Ambassador who will help you find ways to get involved on campus that align with your interests and values!
- Go to getINVOLVED.rutgers.edu and make sure your profile is up to date. It’s important that you review your profile and set up your notifications and interests! While on the getINVOLVED platform, we encourage you to visit some of the organizations that interest you and make a plan to attend a meeting and/or event. Learn how to use the getINVOLVED Platform by viewing our tutorials.
- If you are a student organization or department, we encourage you to make sure your profile is up to date. It would be great to share the story, history, events, and greatness of your organization or department! Be sure to list your contact information, upcoming meetings, and items to help students connect with your organization or department.
- Check out the amazing student organizations and leaders that will be highlighted on our social media throughout the week! Visit and follow our social media – @rutgersuSCA on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Stop by each of the Student Centers during the week for cool giveaways at each welcome desk (while supplies last). Student organizations will also be tabling all week in many of the Centers; stop by their tables and learn all about their organizations!
- Interested in being a part of the Student Involvement and Leadership team? Apply for these amazing leadership opportunities.
Follow us on social media to learn about more opportunities to get involved: